Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Chaos

Every year at the elementary school, the 5th graders (I have a 5th grader?!) get to do an economics project called Christmas Chaos. The other grades come 'Christmas shopping' on this day and the 5th graders get to be the shop owners.  It's like playing pretend 'Store,' only for realsies.
 
 I've always loved this because the kids love it and they get to really 'shop' for mom and dad and sisters without spending a fortune. I've honestly been looking forward to making something for it for years! I couldn't stop at making just one thing. 

Ellyse and I came up with these three things, washer necklaces, snowball ornaments, and Borax Crystal ornaments. Thank you very much Pinterest! I was so excited to begin that we started making them like a month before the actual event.

I never knew about Borax crystals.  If you haven't ever done them, I would HIGHLY suggest giving them a whirl.  It's minimal work with a maximum wow factor at the end!  Search for the instructions on Pinterest if you want to do them.
We threw in some glow-in-the-dark beads for the necklaces too.
These were super fun and pretty easy as well!  I wish we would have wound them with a bit more yarn and glitter though.



The event is this week and I'm anxious to see how it goes. What a fun activity!!! 
 
I may just have to make more fun crafts like these in my spare time.

No comments: